Benefits Although there are many reports of sauna-like units used in various foreign countries in the past, one of the most famous countries for developing this heat therapy was Finland. And are still used for various therapeutic benefits in many countries across the world. They are also places to enjoy social interaction.
The Benefits of a Steam Room
- Detoxification One of the ways the body flushes out toxins is by expelling sweat. In the span of just one day, some humans may come into contact with more than 10 different types of chemicals. Using most soaps, driving to work, eating processed foods, and using cleaning products are just a few examples of actions that bring about chemical exposure. The body converts these toxins into substances that are water soluble, which pass through the skin’s pores in sweat. If a person sits in a sauna long enough to sweat, this is a good way to get rid of harmful toxins.
- Improving Circulation When heat comes into contact with muscle fibers, it increases blood flow to the muscles. Better circulation of the blood means more oxygen will reach the tissues. The body also uses oxygen to help push toxins out of deeper areas of the muscles. Optimal circulation is important for good cardiovascular health. In addition to these benefits, increased circulation also helps the body create more energy. A person with more energy and less muscular toxins will feel refreshed after stepping out of a sauna.
- Stronger Immune System Another benefit of heat is that it helps the body create more white blood cells. These cells are responsible for attacking infections and diseases that infiltrate the body. A person with a higher count of white blood cells will stay healthier and heal faster from illnesses.
- Weight Loss Diet and exercise are certainly important components to pair with sauna usage for a successful weight loss plan. However, the heat from a sauna produces one effect that is similar to what happens when a person exercises. The heat increases a person’s basal metabolic rate by a considerable amount, which helps the body burn calories better throughout the day. There is no specific amount of calories sauna usage burns. Since each person is different, heat level retention varies. It is important for people using a sauna as a weight loss aid to discuss health concerns and diet plans with a physician before using the unit regularly. People with certain health conditions may have to limit their time in a sauna or use a specific temperature range. Only a doctor can offer exact suggestions.
- Stress Relief If left untreated, stress will take a negative toll on the body. Although it is something that nearly every person faces, some people handle stress better than others. People who find it difficult to cope with the effects of stress may benefit from using a steam room or sauna. The muscles often tense up when a person feels stressed, and the heat can help relax tight muscles. For stress that comes with depression, it is important to consult a physician. In addition to treating the effects of stress, the underlying cause should be identified and treated.
- Better Sleep When the muscles have been relaxed and blood is circulating optimally, it is easier to sleep at night. Many people who are tense or have poor circulation snore, jerk, toss, and turn while sleeping. They may also wake up frequently, which disrupts sleep and results in tiredness after waking. People who are relaxed while they are asleep enjoy a better quality of sleep that leaves them feeling rested after waking. Heat also helps many people feel sleepy, so a visit to a steam room shortly before bedtime may be helpful to people who find it difficult to fall asleep.
- Pain Relief A steam room may help relieve pain with three natural actions: Dilating blood vessels, easing muscle tension, and improving circulation. When these three actions are combined, certain types of pain may lessen considerably. Arthritic pains, muscle aches, shoulder stiffness, neck pain, back pain, and headaches can all be reduced or eliminated in some cases. Many people use saunas regularly to enjoy continuous pain relief. When using a sauna for extended pain relief, it is important to ask a personal physician about time and temperature recommendations for optimal results.
- Skin Cleansing Steam rooms cause the pores to open up. When sweat starts coming out, it will flush out oil, bacteria, dirt, makeup, or any other residue that has collected in the pores. People who flush out their pores regularly will notice an improved complexion. Another cosmetic health benefit of regular steam room usage is the possibility of reducing cellulite. This condition comes from subcutaneous fat erupting through fibrous connective tissue, which gives the skin a dimpled appearance. Since fat becomes water soluble at 110 degrees Fahrenheit, some reports show that some of it may pass through the skin with sweat. However, not all people will experience the same results.
- Feeling Revitalized In addition to the health benefits saunas provide, they also help people feel better overall. After leaving the steam room and resting, the majority of users report feeling refreshed and revitalized. People who use saunas regularly do not complain of feeling unwell as often as people who do not use them.
- Social Interaction For those who own larger steam rooms, there is also a social benefit. Friends and acquaintances will enjoy coming over to use the sauna. However, it is important to avoid alcohol consumption during these parties. Alcohol can cause dizziness and aggravate various existing health issues when mixed with the heat from a steam room. Your 24hr Cronulla Health Club has a Steam Room for your use come and visit us www.cronullahealthclub.com.au